Ever thought of having a Souper Bowl Party? If so, this soup has got to be on your list!
Even if you plan on serving other finger foods, you can make a big ol pot of this and I guarantee it will disappear. You could make small bread bowls for it, maybe do some soup shooters…you have all sorts of options, but whatever serving option you choose, you will be remiss if you pass this one up – its easy to make and amazing.
If you’re like me and love wings and they just aren’t part of your diet any longer, this soup gives you all of the flavors with none of the guilt.
Even Randall, who isn’t a fan of hot sauce or overly spicy dishes loved it and had bowls of it for lunch for two days in a row.
I’m already looking forward to making it again, and the sooner the better! Even if you’re not planning anything for the big game, the weather right now is screaming for a pot of this stuff. If you like wings, you’ll love it!
Garnish with blue cheese crumbles or some celery slices/leaves if you wish.
Tune in Saturday for more recipe ideas to cheer your team by!
- 16-24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 c chopped celery
- 1/2 c diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c water
- 1 (32 oz) box low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/4 c reduced fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp corn or potato starch
- 1/2 c hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- mix veggies, water, and broth together and bring to a boil
- cook until veggies are tender add chicken
- with a fork, mix neufchatel cheese and starch together and add with cheddar
- stir on medium high heat until melted, smooth and thickened
- add hot sauce, stir until well blended before serving